Get help now

If you’re having a crisis

Emergency medical help needed to preserve life – recent overdose or dangerous self-harm. Call 999 or present at Accident and Emergency

Specialist support to meet significant mental health needs: ‘MY CHILD NEEDS FURTHER HELP’

A few children/young people will show signs of significant mental health problems that are impacting on activities of daily life, preventing them functioning within the norms for their age. These may be persistent and of a moderate to severe nature, causing significant difficulties with their achievement and relationships.

Children and young people with emerging eating disorders fit in this group.

Call the Single Point of Access (SPA) on 0300 123 4496 or make a referral at



Take a look around the Kent Resilience Hub

There is a lot of useful information on this website for parent’s and young people. Have a good look around and learn about emotional growth, when you should be worried and what you can do to support your child. Take a look at the Moodspark area too and recommend your child take a look at the resources there to see if they find useful information and strategies to help them feel better and bounce back.

Speak to someone


Some children/young people show signs of emerging mental health problems and/or are struggling with their emotional wellbeing. To know if this is relevant to your child these issues will be starting to cause difficulties with their school work, friendships or family relationships.

School Public Health Service

The School Public Health Service deliver emotional wellbeing services which can be accessed through the Single Point of Access. Call the Single Point of Access ( SPA)  on 0300 123 4496 or you can make a referral on their website.

Family issues – Integrated Children’s Services

Kent Integrated Children Services can be accessed via a reporting hotline number 03000 411111. For further information on these services you can visit the KSCB website

Questioning sexuality or needing advice and guidance on sexuality

BeYou provides social and emotional support for LGBTQ plus young people see

Difficulties with Drug or Alcohol Use

If you are worried about your own drug or alcohol use you can contact Addaction. Young Addaction Kent provides friendly, confidential and expert advice on drugs and alcohol. Telephone 01795 500881. The office is open from 9am to 5pm


Contacts for your child

Moodspark is a dedicated website for young people to explore emotional resilience and mental health. It is designed by young people for young people. Take the quiz and find out how you are doing. Find lots of helpful information, videos and playlists to help you feel your best.

ChatHealth is a confidential texting service for young people aged 11-19. It is run by the school health service and you can message about anything related to your physical and mental health. If you need help text 07520 618850. You don’t have to be in school to use this service.

For information and advice on lots of different topics that affect your mental and physical health visit You can also call childline on 0800 1111. It’s confidential and you don’t have to give your name if you don’t want to.


National support numbers

Young Minds Parent Helpline

Young minds have a parent helpline. If you are a parent needing help, please contact the helpline on 0808 802 5544.