Ways to share
PSHE Association: mental health and emotional wellbeing lesson plans
PSHE Association lesson plans to cover the key aspects of , mental health across all key stages including these in your PSHE Curriculum will give young people a broad and knowledgeable base about mental health.
Lessons in key stage 1 and 2 include teaching about:
- Identifying and talking about feelings
- Understanding how feelings affect behaviours
- Strategies to manage feelings
- The link between mental and physical health
- Managing the transition to secondary school / key stage 3
Lessons in key stage 3 and 4 include teaching about:
- Challenging stigma related to mental health
- Promoting emotional wellbeing and healthy coping strategies
- Developing ‘digital resilience’ in the context of online pressures
- Reframing negative thinking
- Awareness of unhealthy coping strategies such as self-harm and eating disorders
- Awareness of common mental health concerns such as anxiety and depression
Ways to share
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.