Get help now

Are they in immediate danger?

If emergency medical help is needed to preserve life (for example recent overdose or dangerous self-harm) call 999 immediately or present at the nearest Accident and Emergency at hospital.

Ask them about it: Have a Resilience Conversation

Find out how here.

Is there a safeguarding need?

You’ll need information on Integrated Children’s Services and who to contact:

Do they have an urgent need?

Call the Crisis Team: 0800 011 3474.

If they will cope with the advice, information and support you can provide or access in school or college:

  • Young people can access text based support at ChatHealth for support around physical and mental health ChatHealth 07520 618850.
  • Speak to a Designated Mental Health Lead in School or College.
  • For support in all areas of resilience, take a look at MoodSpark
  • For support about sexuality and gender identity, contact BE YOU
  • Text ‘Kent‘ to 85258 for free, confidential, 24/7 text message support for anyone, any age, who is struggling to cope
  • For free support and access to fully trained online counsellors 365 days a year, visit Kooth

If it’s starting to cause difficulties with their school work, friendships or family relationships, they will need your support but will also need some extra help

If you are not sure what help is needed call  the Single Point of Access (SPA) on 0800 011 3474.

KCHFT School Health Service provide packages of care. Access them using the referral form at

If it’s preventing them functioning, they will need your support but also they need further specialist support to meet significant mental health needs

NELFT provide access to clinical consultation and specialist mental health services. Call the Single Point of Access on 0800 011 3474 or visit

Drug and Alcohol Advice

If you are worried about your own drug or alcohol use you can contact We Are With You Kent who provide friendly, confidential and expert advice on drugs and alcohol. Telephone 01795 500881 . The office is open from 9am to 5pm.

Contacts for your child

  • Moodspark is a dedicated website for young people to explore emotional resilience and mental health. It is designed by young people for young people. Take the quiz and find out how you are doing. Find lots of helpful information, videos and playlists to help you feel your best.
  • ChatHealth is a confidential texting service for young people aged 11-19. It is run by the school health service and you can message about anything related to your physical and mental health. If you need help text 07520 618850. You don’t have to be in school to use this service.
  • Childline. For information and advice on lots of different topics that affect your mental and physical health visit You can also call childline on 0800 1111. It’s confidential and you don’t have to give your name if you don’t want to.

National support numbers

Young Minds have a parent helpline. If you are a parent needing help, please contact the helpline on 0808 802 5544.

How to navigate support for young people’s emotional health in Kent

A collaboration of health providers and specialists have put together a helpful visual tool to assist professionals to navigate the service offer for emotional health in Kent.

It can be difficult to know the right level of support required for a young person. It is also hard to keep up to date with what options are available to young people.

This graphic is designed to help you follow a set of questions to establish what might be the best response for someone and how to access the support identified.

Navigating Mental Health for Children in Kent - visual tool

  • Children and young people's infographic of services...ces


    158.81 KB

    Download resource

Children, Young People and Adult’s Mental Health Services Crisis Support Cards

Below are digital crisis support cards that contain some of the fantastic services available across Kent for children, young people and adults to access when in crisis.

For more information and support, visit the multi-agency wellbeing hub at