Ways to share
Get help now
Are they in immediate danger?
Emergency medical help needed to preserve life – recent overdose or dangerous self-harm. Call 999 or present at Accident and Emergency.
Ask them about it: Have a Resilience Conversation
Find out how here
Is there a safeguarding need? You’ll need information on Integrated Children’s Services and
who to contact. www.kscmp.org.uk/guidance/kent-support-levels-guidance
Do they have an urgent need? Call the Crisis Team 0300 1234496
They will cope, with the advice, information and support you can provide or access in school or college
- Young people can access text based support atChatHealth for support around physical and mental health ChatHealth 07520 618850.
- Speak to a Designated Mental Health Lead in School or College
- For support in all areas of resilience, take a look at MoodSpark www.moodspark.org.uk
- For support about sexuality and gender identity, contact BE YOU www.thebeyouproject.co.uk
If it’s starting to cause difficulties with their school work, friendships or family relationships, they will need your support but will also need some extra help
If you are not sure what help is needed call the Single Point of Access (SPA) on 0300 123 4496
KCHFT School Health Service provide packages of care. Access them using the referral form at www.kentcht.nhs.uk/forms/school-health-service-referral-form
If it’s preventing them functioning, they will need your support but also they need further specialist support to meet significant mental health needs
NELFT provide access to clinical consultation and specialist mental health services. Call the Single Point of Access on 0300 123 4496 or visit www.nelft.nhs.uk
Drug and Alcohol Advice
If you are worried about your own drug or alcohol use you can contact Addaction. Young Addaction Kent provides friendly, confidential and expert advice on drugs and alcohol. Telephone 01795 500881. The office is open from 9am to 5pm
Contacts for your child
- Moodspark is a dedicated website for young people to explore emotional resilience and mental health. It is designed by young people for young people. Take the quiz and find out how you are doing. Find lots of helpful information, videos and playlists to help you feel your best. www.moodspark.org.uk.
- ChatHealth is a confidential texting service for young people aged 11-19. It is run by the school health service and you can message about anything related to your physical and mental health. If you need help text 07520 618850. You don’t have to be in school to use this service.
- Childline. For information and advice on lots of different topics that affect your mental and physical health visit www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/. You can also call childline on 0800 1111. It’s confidential and you don’t have to give your name if you don’t want to.
National support numbers
Young Minds have a parent helpline. If you are a parent needing help, please contact the helpline on 0808 802 5544
How to navigate support for young people’s emotional health in Kent
A collaboration of health providers and specialists have put together a helpful visual tool to assist professionals to navigate the service offer for emotional health in Kent. It can be difficult to know the right level of support required for a young person. It is also hard to keep up to date with what options are available to young people. This graphic is designed to help you follow a set of questions to establish what might be the best response for someone and how to access the support identified.
Navigating Mental Health for Children in Kent - visual tool
Kent Emotional Health and Wellbeing - System on a page (professio...ls)
2.16 MBDownload resource
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.