Ways to share
Youth Mental Health First Aid
The Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) two day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
By the end of this course Youth Mental Health First Aiders will have:
- An understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help site, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate.
- Ability to support a young person with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive.
- Tools to look after their own mental wellbeing.
Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, a badge and a certificate
Visit this site to book.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.