Youth Mental Health First Aid
The Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) two day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
By the end of this course Youth Mental Health First Aiders will have:
- An understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help site, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate.
- Ability to support a young person with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive.
- Tools to look after their own mental wellbeing.
Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, a badge and a certificate
Visit this site to book.